Thursday 1 September 2011

Skirting, Architrave and Cornices

Looking around the display homes I realised how their skirting boards, architrave and cornices where nearly all the same and very boring. I want something a bit different, not fussy and over the top but an extra detail that would make our home feel special.

I also like the idea that all the woodwork, ceilings and cornices are pure white. Rich wall colours will stand out wonderfully against the white and hopefully give the home the look that I am after.

I have tried to describe my look but it is rather a mixture of eras and styles, it's fairly simple but hopefully a little different.

It turns out that I like skirting, architrave and cornices from the Art Deco period.

Boral Cairo 3 Step 75mm Profile Cornice (middle one)

I'm not sure whether to go with the SQ Skirting with SQ Architrave or the DW Skirting with DW Architrave. Probably the DW as I expect the bevelled edge will match the panelling on the internal doors.

No comments: